The FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealing System is very compact in size and easy to operate due to its manual operations. This sealing system comes in handy when the need arises to preserve a variety of foods as well seal other products. This FoodSaver V2244 can keep food fresh five times longer than conventional storage methods. By vacuum sealing food, this machine removes air and extra moisture which would otherwise lead to early spoilage. Apart from keeping the food fresh, this system increases the flavor of your food.
- Compact design with manual operations.
- CrushFree Instant Seal for sealing delicate foods.
- Extra wide sealing strip for air tight seal.
- Dishwasher safe, patented extra wide drip tray.
- Accessory port and hose for sealing zipper bags, canister, jars and so on.
- One year limited warranty.
You can also use this device to prepare your meat and vegetables for Sous Vide cooking recipes. The accessory port can be used with FoodSaver lids and sealers for creating airtight bags and canisters for food storage. Apart from vacuum sealer, this package also includes one FoodSaver heat-seal 11-inch by 10-foot roll, three FoodSaver heat-seal quart-size bags, two FoodSaver heat-seal gallon-size bags, an accessory hose and a user’s manual. This whole package is currently available for around $80.
FoodSaver V2244 Functional Versatility
You can use this vacuum sealer for all types of short and long-term food storage needs. This FoodSaver V2244 can be used for heat sealing meats, poultry, fish, fruits and vegetables and then storing them for months in your freezer. Try packing your silver jewelry and silverware in vacuum sealed bags to keep them from tarnishing. The special vacuum port allows the use of accessories to vacuum seal jars and canisters. You can also use the handheld sealer to marinate your food products. This vacuum sealer does more than suction air from foods. Use it to protect important documents, papers, and other household items. You can also seal your leftovers for easy storage to eat at a later date, thus potentially saving a substantial amount of money by eliminating waste. Don’t forget if you’re going on a hike or for a boat ride. You can heat seal foods and items, which saves room, too.
The FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealing System is designed to function as both a counter top vacuum sealing machine and a handheld vacuum sealing device when used with compatible accessories. The two options, Seal and Vac/Seal for manual operation, are user friendly. The lower half of the front panel includes an accessory port. The extra wide sealing strip provides a tight seal that is two times wider than average. The patented removable drip tray catches small spills during the wet sealing process.
Ease of Use
Using FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealing System is quite simple. Start by following these easy steps:
- Select an appropriately sized bag or cut the required length of the bag from the roll by using a pair of scissors and sealing one side with the seal button.
- Add food and place the open end of the bag into the vacuum channel.
- Close the door and easy lock bar.
- Press the Vac/Seal or Seal button to start the process and the machine will take care of the rest.
- In order to prevent the crushing of delicate foods, press the seal button before of the vacuum process finishes.
- Remove the sealed bag after the sealing is complete.
The FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealing System is simple to maintain. Just unplug it and wipe it clean using a damp sponge. For hard stains may require mild dish soap, but do not use abrasive cleaners. Make sure the machine is dry before you use it.
This FoodSaver V2244 machine is so easy to operate, even newbies can figure it out. Vacuum seal jars and canisters or marinating food. After reading the manual, you will be a pro in no time.